Sunday, August 31, 2014

Day #29: Mortgage, Back Injuries, and the Future

Oh what a time it has been.

Work has kept me very busy the past two weeks, so I apologize for the lack of updates.

All is well on the IC front. I have a checkup on Tuesday where I will essentially tell the good doctor that he is a genius.

During some work shenanigans, I ended up getting a lumbar strain in my back, so I haven't been able to lift anything for a few days now. After my appointment with Dr. Hooper on Tuesday I will be going back for a checkup on that front also, but I don't think it's anything major. Ordinarily, resting my back wouldn't be so bad, but, one of my best friends was moving this weekend and I didn't get to help him. That hit me...far harder than it should have. It was his first house (in fact he is the one that gave me the idea to apply for the particular home loan I did) and I wanted desperately to be a part of that moment for him. But, I could not. To make up for it, I'll be visiting him this weekend.

As for the loan, I decided to switch lenders. I had originally decided that since I already do business with Wells Fargo, I might as well go all in and apply for a loan through them also. Sadly...they are not very reliable or good a communicating with you when it comes to them giving you money, which, I don't completely blame them. I'm 23 and a year out of school; I get it. However, they didn't really treat me with any kind of respect, so I decided to politely tell them off and started working with a new lender at the advice of my realtor. So far, that experience has been phenomenal. The same day I started applying, I got my pre-qualify letter. They ran me through all of their simulations, and it looks like I'll be approved. I'm going to be a homeowner soon. Weird.

In about an hour or so, I will be going with my father to inspect the house so we know exactly what we're getting into. I passively absorbed some of his conventional wisdom just living with him, but I'm nowhere near as experienced as he is, so I thought it would be a good idea to have him check it out during the due diligence period I've been given.

Also, within the next week or two, I will fully transition to Network Analyst at work. I cannot tell you how excited I am about that. There is a lot (and I mean a LOT) of things I have to learn about it, but, I don't think it will be much of an issue. By the time Christmas gets here, I want to have at least the CCENT certification, if not the CCNA. Getting the CCNA in that amount of time, even with the studying I've already been doing, will be very difficult.

Wish me luck!

Also, if anyone is giving away a working washer and dryer, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment